The Great Wild Goose Pagoda Tour Schedule
See the golden statue of Guanyin, understand how she too made her journey from India – one in which she stopped being a man, and became the woman you see today.
See the enormous pagoda in which Xuanzang kept his holy texts, and learn how the tower you see before you today has risen again and again out of collapse, the world’ most deadly earthquake, and war.
See the sculptures and learn about both the real journey of Xuanzang and the mythical journey of Tripataka, Pigsy, and the Monkey King.
Smell the incense, see the monks, and the sacrifices that continue to occur at this temple still functioning today – some one thousand and four hundred years after Xuanzang’s return.
• The Standard Meeting Point for Public, Private & Select Great Wild Goose Pagoda Tours is outside Xiaozhai Metro Station (在小寨地铁站外面见面).
Pricing Summary (prices in Chinese Renminbi per person)
* Under 14 years old.
-Public Great Wild Goose Pagoda Tours (2 hours) availability can be seen by clicking here.
- Private Great Wild Goose Pagoda Tours (2 hours) can be scheduled for your group at any time you like but require a minimum of 3 adult guests (or the financial equivalent thereof).
- Select Great Wild Goose Pagoda Tours (2.5 hours) are led by Newman Tours’ most senior guides, and guarantee the provision of an iPad to enhance the content of your tour. They can start at any time you want, and feature exclusive content described in italics in the
Tour Schedule to the right.
Select Tours require a
minimum of 3 adult guests
(or the financial equivalent
-Pick Up & Drop Off in
your choice of taxi or
private vehicle from a
location of your choice
can be arranged upon
- Full Terms & Conditions are listed at the bottom of this page.
Wander through a beautiful park in the Muslim District and see if you can keep up with the locals on their exercise equipment.
Xi’an was one of the greatest melting pots of culture, goods, religions, and ideas in Eurasia and one of its greatest moments was the sixteen-year journey of the monk Xuanzang down into India to collect holy Buddhist texts to bring back to Xi’an. This story then inspired the famous novel Journey to the West, with Tripataka based on Xuanzang, accompanied by Pigsy and the Monkey King, and the countless sequels, plays, comics, video games, books and even rock operas following it since. The Great Wild Goose Pagoda is the place to explore the origin of this epic, which will be brought to life by your expert Newman Tours guide.
Call us on (0086) 138 1777 0229 or email us on info@newmantours to book your Great Wild Goose Pagoda Tour today.
(0086) 21 6237 6298
Xi’an Great Wild Goose Pagoda Tour
(0086) 138 1777 0229
Tours in and around Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou & Suzhou
Terms and Conditions
• This tour must be booked at least three days in advance.
• Please arrive at least 10 minutes in advance of scheduled meeting times to ensure we can start on time.
• Payments must be made in Chinese Renminbi at the end of the tour.
• Confirmatory identification may be necessary for both children and students.
• Every two children (under the age of 16) must be accompanied by at least one responsible paying adult.
• Guests who take part in Newman Tours do so at their own risk.
• In the case of access restrictions, Newman Tours reserves the right to replace content on this tour with
equivalent activities that it believes its guests will also find interesting.
Excursions Around Shanghai
Your experience of the Big Wild Goose Pagoda would not be the same without our expert guides.
Learn about the many miles this monk on a mission moved to sequester a special set of scriptures.