On this nine hour tour you’ll enjoy Tiger Hill (with its sword testing rock and leaning pagoda); the Silk Museum (where you will see real silkworms in action); a delicious Chinese meal in a beautiful park setting; the Suzhou Museum (designed by the legendary I. M. Pei, and containing one of the finest art collections in China); and the Humble Administrator’s Garden (a stunning Chinese scholarly garden).
Schedule (9 hours)
• Travel to Suzhou in bullet train and hear an overview of its history as you near your destination.
• Board private coach and head for Tiger Hill, where the King of Wu is buried. Whilst there we will tell you about the hill's miraculous springs, test your mettle on sword striking rock, and teach you about the hidden treasure of the leaning pagoda.
• Visit the Silk Museum and see the silkworms that China managed to keep secret for 3,000 years.
• Treat your taste-buds to some local specialties in a grand courtyard household that once belonged to a local official.
• Visit I. M. Pei’s architectural masterpiece, the Suzhou Museum. Whilst there, we will explore the ancient origins of Suzhou, see how the Chinese used to try and preserve every last bit of their rulers and discover how Suzhou's literati steered and manipulated China's art market.
• Explore the stunning Humble Administrator’s Garden and find out how it was obtained by a beggar free of charge.
• Return to Shanghai by bullet train
To make an enquiry or booking, call (0086) 138 1777 0229 or email email@example.com
If you would like us to design a private trip to Suzhou based on your special requirements and interests, please click here.
PRIVATE SUZHOU TOUR PRICING
Please note that our excursion are offered exclusively as private tours.
Pricing includes English native-speaking tour guide, return bullet train to Suzhou, private vehicle and chauffeur in Suzhou, all entry fees, and a delicious Chinese lunch. Please note that Private Excursions require a minimum of three adults or the financial equivalent thereof.
Children (under 14, accompanied by a parent or a guardian)
(0086) 138 1777 0229
Click here to fill out our bookings form and we will prioritise with responding to you.
Alternatively, phone or email us:
Excursions Around Shanghai
(0086) 138 1777 0229
Tours in and around Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou & Suzhou
The Suzhou Excursion
Terms and Conditions
• This tour must be booked at least three days in advance.
• Please arrive at least 10 minutes in advance of scheduled meeting times to ensure we can start on time.
• Payments must be made in Chinese Renminbi at the end of the tour.
• Confirmatory identification may be necessary children.
• Every two children (under the age of 16) must be accompanied by at least one responsible paying adult.
• Guests who take part in Newman Tours do so at their own risk.
• In the case of access restrictions, Newman Tours reserves the right to replace content on this tour with
equivalent activities that it believes its guests will also find interesting.