(prices in Chinese Renminbi per person)
* Under 14 years old.
- Private Shanghai Future Tours (2 hours) can be scheduled for your private group at any time you like but require a minimum of 3 adult guests (or the financial equivalent thereof). They are inclusive of entrance to the Urban Planning Exhibition Halls.
•Select Shanghai Future Tours (2.5 hours) are led by Newman Tours’ most senior guides, and guarantee the provision of an iPad to enhance the content of your tour. They can start at any time you want, and feature exclusive content. Select Tours require a minimum of 3 adult guests (or the financial equivalent thereof).
- Full Terms & Conditions are listed at the bottom of this page.
- The Standard Meeting Point for Public, Private & Select Shanghai Future Tours is outside exit 3 of People’s Square Metro Station (lines 1, 2 & 8) near the entrance to the Shanghai Urban Planning Exhibition Centre, at the intersection between Middle Xizang Road and People’s Avenue,
Future Tour Summary
This tour takes place in the Urban Planning Exhibition Centre, and explores the way in which leading China scholars expect Shanghai and China as a whole will develop in the coming years. Taking in the biggest scale model of a city in the world, a panoramic virtual flight around Shanghai, plus a the chance to ride a speed boat simulator to Yangshan Deep Water Port, this experience explores the implications of China’s 12th 5-year plan, and makes predictions regarding demographics, wealth disparity, and pollution.
Highlighting the challenges that China will face in the coming decades and the opportunities they will present, this tour will really get you thinking.
See virtual images of Shanghai’s future skyline and find out how its next monumental skyscraper differs from its predecessors
•Head upstairs to view the largest scale model of a city in the world.
•As you walk around the Urban Planning Exhibition Centre’s enormous scale model, your guide will point out key buildings that are currently under construction, show you the site of the Shanghai Expo, and describe how the government plans to make use of it.
Take a tour around the largest scale model of a city
in the world
Learn to understand the relationship between Shanghai’s Past, Present & Future
(0086) 21 6237 6298
Terms and Conditions
• Tours should be booked and confirmed at least three hours in advance.
• Newman Tours reserves the right to cancel tours by informing confirmed attendees at least three hours in advance.
• Newman Tours reserves the right to start its tours on time, and will not wait for guests more than ten minutes after the scheduled start time of their tours.
• Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult guardian.
• Newman Tours reserves the right to request proof of student or child status in the form of valid identification.
• Proof of payment receipts available if requested in advance.
• Tour prices are not inclusive of tax invoices, which if required cost an additional 15% of the total cost of the tour.
• Private Tour Payments should be made in Chinese Renminbi at the end of the tour.
• Guests who take part in Newman Tours do so at their own risk.
• Tours do not include accommodation, transportation, food, drink and other non-tour guide related fees unless otherwise stated.
• Newman Tours reserves the right to alter the Tour Schedule listed above as a result of bad weather or location inaccessibility. In doing so it will do its upmost to ensure that equally high quality alternative content is provided.
• Newman Tours reserves the right to refuse people the right to attend and if necessary remove them from their tours if they are intoxicated, aggressive or offensive.
• Guests who take part in Newman Tours Tours must have their own health and safety insurance.
•Guests who take part in Newman Tours do so entirely at their own risk.
Excursions Around Shanghai
(0086) 138 1777 0229
Tours in and around Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou & Suzhou
The Shanghai Future Tour
Future Tour Schedule
•Meet outside exit 3 of People's Square Metro Station (lines 1, 2 & 8) and see how the Urban Planning Exhibition Centre fits into the overall layout of the city’s People’s Square.
•Enter the Urban Planning Exhibition Centre and find out why you have to take its content with a pinch of salt.
•View a scale model of the Bund, find out how it has been rebranded, and learn why Shanghai almost never became China’s financial capital.
• View photos of old Shanghai, and learn how the city’s colonial past continues to influence business in the present day.
•Take a panoramic virtual flight around Shanghai and see the highlights of its architectural splendors.
•Learn about what the government’s 12th five year plan has in store for Shanghai, and get your guide to show you key images of of these projects on the Exhibition Hall’s Chinese interfaces.
•Ride a speedboat simulator around Shanghai’s Yangshan Deep Water Port and learn about the key role that it will play in developing the city’s trading capacity.
•Shanghai already has the longest metro system in the world and yet they’re still building. Find out what’s in store next.
•Discover what challenges China is likely to face as we make predictions regarding demographics, wealth disparity, and pollution.
At the end of the tour your guide will summarise the way in which leading China scholars expect Shanghai and China as a whole will develop in the coming years.