Pricing Summary (prices in Chinese Renminbi per person)
(must be under 14 and accompanied by parental guardian)
Above pricing includes pick up and drop off from a location of your choosing in central Beijing, private vehicle and Chinese chauffeur throughout, a native English speaking guide, all site entry fees, and a delicious Chinese lunch.
-Private Great Wall & Summer Palace Excursion
(9 hours) can be scheduled for your group at any time you like but require a minimum of 3 adult guests (or the financial equivalent thereof) and a non-refundable deposit worth 1/3 of the total cost of your tour.
- Full Terms & Conditions are listed at the bottom of this page.
Terms and Conditions
• Tours should be booked and confirmed at least four hours in advance.
• Newman Tours reserves the right to cancel tours by informing confirmed attendees at least four hours in advance.
• Newman Tours reserves the right to start its tours on time, and will not wait for guests more than ten minutes after the scheduled start time of their tours.
• Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult guardian.
• Newman Tours reserves the right to request proof of student or child status in the form of valid identification.
• Proof of payment receipts available if requested in advance free of charge.
• Tour prices are not inclusive of tax invoices, which if required cost an additional 15% on top of the total cost of the tour.
• Public and Private Tour Payments should be made in Chinese Renminbi at the end of the tour.
• Tours do not include accommodation, transportation, food, drink and other non-tour guide related fees unless otherwise stated.
• Newman Tours reserves the right to alter the Tour Schedule listed above as a result of bad weather or location inaccessibility. In doing so it will do its upmost to ensure that equally high quality alternative content is provided.
• Newman Tours reserves the right to refuse people permission to attend and if necessary remove them from their tours if they are intoxicated, aggressive or offensive.
• Guests who take part in Newman Tours Tours must have their own health and safety insurance.
• Guests who take part in Newman Tours do so entirely at their own risk.
• Drive in your private vehicle to the Summer Palace, and learn how Empress Dowager Cixi diverted huge sums of money there that were intended to fund the Chinese navy.
•Visit the legendary marble boat Empress Dowager Cixi had made, and learn about the extreme folly that led to the collapse of China's last imperial dynasty.
• Drive to the Great Wall. On the way there learn about the megalomaniacal First Emperor of China, who commissioned the building of the Great Wall and his famous Terracotta Warrior protected tomb.
• Ascend to the excellent Mutianyu section of the Great Wall and cast your eyes on seemingly endless wall trailing into the distance
• Listen to the legend of Meng Jianyu, and learn learn what supposedly made her wash away an entire section of the Great Wall with her tears.
• Descend from the Great Wall on an amazing metal bobsleigh chute
Our 9 hour Tailored Great Wall and Summer Palace Excursions ensure that you see this ancient wonder in whatever way suits you best. We can take you on a hard trek chosen by the first foreigner to walk the wall in its entirety, or take you to an easier section of the wall with cable cars and metal bobsleighs.
Pricing includes a trip to the Summer Palace. Furthermore, we can combine your trip with a visit to the site of the Beijing Olympics.
Learn how Empress Dowager Cixi diverted huge sums of money that were intended to fund the Chinese Navy and spent them on herself.
Excursions Around Shanghai
(0086) 138 1777 0229
Tours in and around Beijing, Shanghai, Hangzhou & Suzhou
The Great Wall and Summer Palace Excursion